Discussion of the Strategic Action Programme for the Dniester Basin
Posted on 10.09.2020
The GEF Dniester Project is inviting experts, as well as all other stakeholders, to comment on the draft Strategic Action Programme (in Russian; unofficial translation is available upon request) for the Dniester River Basin (SAP). Comments should be sent until October 15, 2020 to email@example.com.
The Strategic Action Programme (SAP) aims at:
– achievement of a good status of water bodies / waters of the river basin, developed based on an assessment of anthropogenic impact and the risk of failure to achieve environmental goals (both indicators are presented in the transboundary diagnostic analysis (TDA);
– development of cooperation between the two countries.
The Strategic Action Programme will be signed by the governments of the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine; thereafter, together with the results of the transboundary diagnostic analysis, it will become a document that defines the countries’ work on the issues of sustainable use and protection of the Dniester River.
The need to develop a SAP, as well as a programme of activities within the framework of the River Basin Management Plan, is envisaged by the EU Water Framework Directive.
Illustration credits: Alexander Velmozhko
You might also like:
- Protected: Outreach activities on the ecological restoration of the Iahorlyk river: feedback and lessons learned by the local community and authorities
- WINNERS OF THE XIII BASIN-WIDE COMPETITION “COLOURS OF THE DNIESTER” ANNOUNCED
- GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL FACILITY SUPPORTED IMPLEMENTATION OF THE FIRST EXEMPLARY PROJECT ON SMALL RIVER RESTORATION IN UKRAINE