Previous Dniester projects
In 2004-2006, OSCE and UNECE together with representatives of the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine implemented the project “Transboundary Diagnostic Analysis of the Dniester River Basin” (Dniester-I).
The key results of the project were:
- Analysis and recommendations for the international legal framework for transboundary
- cooperation within the use of water resources of the Dniester river basin. Transboundary diagnostic analysis of the Dniester river.
- A protocol of intent regarding cooperation in the field of environmental rehabilitation of the Dniester river basin
In 2006-2007, OSCE and UNECE together with representatives of the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine implemented a project within the framework of the Environment and Security Initiative (ENVSEC).
The project resulted in the development of the following document:
- An action plan to improve transboundary cooperation and sustainable management of
- the Dniester river basin for the period of 2007-2010.
- To read more, please go to the Publications section.
Since 2009, the implementation of the Action plan of the project “Transboundary cooperation and sustainable management in the Dniester river” has been started.
The project was implemented by the OSCE, UNECE and UNEP with the participation of the authorities and NGOs from Moldova and Ukraine in the framework of the Environment and Security Initiative (ENVSEC).
The project continued to work on improving the joint Moldovan-Ukrainian cooperation in the management of the Dniester river.